E2E Supply Planning for one of the largest Telecom Company
Posted in Uncategorized
Customer is a very large global Telecom Service Provider with few hundred million subscribers. They were in the process of a massive Infrastructural Expansion and were commissioning & upgrading a large number of sites.
Over 3000 sites were commissioned every month and around 20,000 items needed to be made available on time. Planning process was manual leading to excess inventory, deployment delays and poor visibility of Site Readiness and there was no real-time collaboration amongst the users.
200,000+ Telecom sites
500+ users from the Enterprise & Vendors
- Ability to Manage Rolling Forecast and Firm Orders
- Deal with Demand for New Sites as well as Enhancements
- Split Quarterly demand into Monthly and Daily Demand. Manage ad-hoc demand
- Continuous Replenishment based Ordering for Class B Items
- Ability to carry out simulations using ad-hoc demand.
- Ability to Explode BOM for sites and generate material demand.
- Identify where and when to source the material based on Demand date, Stock Availability, Lead-time, Cost and Shipment Constraints.
- Ability to create Quarterly, Monthly, Weekly and Daily Plans
- Prioritize between Purchase and Inter Unit Transfers (IUT ) based on Material Age, Cost and Lead-time.
- Ability to deal with multiple IUT constraints.
- Re-schedule Purchase Orders for delayed or cancelled demand
- Ability to deal with substitute items
Supply Chain Analytics
- BOM Implosion to estimate the readiness of Sites based on Material Availability
- Long Term Visibility of Material based on Stocks on Hand and the Expected Arrivals.
- Deep Insights into various KPIs , Elaborate Performance, Inventory and Deployment Analytics
- Drill down Reports and Dashboards, Mobile based Analytics, Google like Search based Analytics
- Optimal Utilization of Ageing stocks at different locations
- Re-schedule existing POs in case of Drop in Demand or Delay
- Smartly using the Substitute Items to minimize Inventory
- Timely Site Readiness by synchronizing the Purchase of all BOM Items
- Timely Availability of Items by optimal IUT and Purchase Planning.
- Availability of B and C items through continuous Replenishment model
- Future visibility of the Material and Site Availability
- Deep Insights into various KPIs , Inventory and Deployment Analytics
- Drill downs and Dashboards, Mobile Analytics, Search based Analytics